5-WEEK SERIES with Beth Award
So you’ve taken an Intro to Yoga class and now what? This is a 5-week series for those folks who have a basic understanding of yoga and who want a series that will give them time and opportunity to:
- practice a variety of basic warm ups and Surya Namaskar at a manageable pace
- investigate what is meant when we talk about “good alignment” in yoga postures
- cultivate strength and stamina in standing poses
- learn how to effectively use yoga props to enhance your poses
- explore other basic standing and seated poses often taught in Essentials classes at SYA
This class is perfect for those who have taken an Intro to Yoga series and want a slower-paced class, as well as anyone who wants to slow their practice way down to focus on the nuances of the poses.
Series class size will be kept to a maximum of 12 students.
Previous yoga experience is required; students must have already taken an Intro to Yoga series. Please have no major injuries for attendance at this series.
Plan to arrive 15 minutes early with an empty-ish stomach and an open mind. Mats and props are provided.
Mondays 5:45-7:00 pm
May 15 – June 19
There will be no class on Monday, May 29 (Memorial Day).
A series allows your teacher to teach progressively and to tailor the class, theme or goal as they get to know each individual over time. Staying with one group for several weeks also builds commitment, community, and understanding for both the student and the teacher. Research shows that we learn better, feel discomfort less, and are more optimistic when we feel included in community. Our series classes build that kind of inclusion.