WORKSHOP with Claudette Evans & Nicole Bratt
Steeped in the lineage of Iyengar, and the style of Judith Lasater, Restorative yoga has become one of the most sought-after class styles in the US, particularly in urban areas. The reason is obvious—relaxation. With the speed of modern life, people desire efficient, effective, and transformative ways to rest and rejuvenate.
Restorative yoga is a receptive practice where the body is passive while completely supported by props. By stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system, Restorative yoga allows students to release physical, mental, and/or emotional exhaustion, tension, and patterning, all while cultivating compassionate attention. Among its benefits are improved sleep, digestion, and blood pressure, as well as reduced stress, anxiety, and depression.
Embrace and explore the art of relaxation with Claudette and Nicole as they weave lecture with practice for this nourishing and experiential weekend. During these three days, you will:
- Define Restorative yoga and how it is distinct from other forms of yoga
- Gain an understanding of the science behind why Restorative yoga works
- Master traditional Restorative postures, and learn to adapt them to meet individual needs
- Learn to plan thoughtful sequences and mindful transitions between poses
- Develop and refine your teaching skills to create attentive physical support for different bodies
- Sharpen your observation skills, and make adjustments and assists to optimize your students’ experience
- Learn how to create an appropriate setting for a Restorative yoga practice, including cultivating spaciousness in the classroom
Friday, August 11, 1:30-5:00p
Saturday, August 12, 1:30-6:00p
Sunday, August 13, 11:00a-4:00p
13.0 (includes 5.0 hours of integrated Practicum)
Please plan to be present for the entire weekend; partial enrollment will not be allowed.
$275 Early bird pricing through July 31
$300 Full price August 1 & after
This workshop is open to anyone, and is part of our 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training program. If you are taking this workshop toward your advanced teaching certification, please register for the 300-hour program online in advance.