TEACHER TRAINING with Nicole Bratt & Claudette Evans
“Restorative poses can be adapted to the student instead of the student trying to fit [themselves] into the shape and demands of an active yoga pose. Restorative yoga is about opening, not stretching. No matter what condition you are in, it is virtually always possible to find a position of ease that supports you in consciously letting go and resting.” ~Judith Hanson Lasater
Enrich your skill with teaching the art of deep relaxation, Restorative Yoga, during this advanced experiential training. The weekend is designed for yoga teachers who have taken a Restorative Yoga teacher training in the past, been teaching Restorative Yoga for at least 6 months, or students who’ve had a regular Restorative Yoga practice for at least a year.
During these three days, you will:
- Deepen your understanding of the biological and psychological benefits of Restorative Yoga
- Refine your understanding of how intentional sequencing can meet a desired goal or outcome for your students
- Hone your proficiency with theming for a Restorative class
- Learn advanced Restorative postures and how to provide options to meet individual needs
- Practice teach what you’ve learned with feedback
- Expand your existing hands-on repertoire for assisting students in these poses
Friday, Oct 12, 1:30-7:30p
Saturday, Oct 13, 1:30-8:00p
Sunday, Oct 14, 11:00am-4:00p
Hours: 17.5* (includes 6.0 hours of integrated Practicum)
$395 Early bird pricing through Sept 30
$465 Full price October 1 & after
*This training includes an opportunity to add on a 3.0 hour mentorship with Nicole Bratt. Full details available below. Please note that the mentorship requires a separate registration (also listed below).
MENTORSHIP with Nicole Bratt
This add-on mentorship opportunity is designed as an accompaniment to Claudette & Nicole's 300-hour Teacher Training module, Restorative Yoga: Advanced Teachniques for Teaching the Art of Stillness. The mentorship includes one (1) 75-minute Restorative yoga class observation, one (1) 75-minute Restorative class assistantship, and a one-hour in-person meeting with Nicole Bratt, E-RYT 200/RYT 500, YACEP, Relax & Renew certified.
- You will schedule your mentorship sessions with Nicole; she will contact you directly. You must be available Sunday evenings for the observation and assistantship sessions; we're sorry, no exceptions.
- Upon completion, you'll earn you 3.0 additional Contact Hours.
- Mentorship must be completed by January 31, 2019.
Capacity is limited to 6 mentees.
Please note: Only students who have take a prior Restorative yoga teacher training with Nicole are eligible for this mentorship.
This teacher training and mentorship are open to anyone, part of our 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training program, and qualify towards Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits (CECs). If you are taking this workshop toward your advanced teaching certification, please register for the 300-hour program in advance.