WORKSHOP with Special Guest Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
“The process of menopause brings us face to face with who we really think we are, what matters to us, our true ‘calling.’” ~Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Yoni Shakti
Menopause is a gradual and ofttimes challenging process that can take years to cycle through. In this workshop you’ll learn how yoga can promote and encourage health and wellbeing throughout all the stages of menopause – from perimenopause to postmenopause.
- Explore yoga practices that can alleviate some of the challenging symptoms of menopause including deep exhaustion, memory loss, hot flashes and vaginal dryness
- Discover how yoga can deeply support and nurture the body and spirit during this life stage, when women have a sense of fragility and surrender
- Delight in a series of nourishing practices, including Total Yoga Nidra (deep healing relaxation/heart-based meditation), that promote self-acceptance, an embracing of change and an awakening of deep vital energy for a positive transformation
- Uncover a different perspective on menopause. Welcome and honor this change as a powerful spiritual initiation that celebrates the wisdom of women’s post-menstruating years.
We anticipate this special workshop to reach capacity; pre-registration is highly recommended.
~ ~ ~
Uma met yoga in 1969, at the age of four, and fell in love. She’s been practicing ever since, and teaching yoga since 1994. A yoga therapist with special expertise in yoga therapy for women’s health, Uma is a mother of three, and has written four books on yoga for women, including the massive Yoni Shakti. Uma also developed Total Yoga Nidra, a radical creative and intuitive approach to sharing yoga nidra and co-founded the Yoga Nidra Network. She teaches internationally, is an International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) Certified Yoga Therapist, and has trained over one thousand specialist teachers in Total Yoga Nidra and Women’s Yoga. umadinsmoretuli.com
- Try a FREE 40-minute Total Yoga Nidra Menopause Bhairavi Self-anointing ritual
- Read the introduction to Uma’s book, Yoni Shakti – available for free
- Already have a copy of Yoni Shakti? Please read Chapter 16 (Menopause)
This workshop is eligible for SYA's 300-hour TT credit or as Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits. Please note a certificate will not be provided; any Yoga Alliance CECs will need to be logged manually.