WORKSHOP with Rainey & Sean Frenette
Nada Yoga is the yoga of sacred sound and vibration; a rich, medicinal mindfulness practice of embodied vocalization. It is also a philosophical system which posits the nature of cosmic reality can be uniquely experienced by human beings through the study and experience of sound. The practices are designed for a meditative, healing, and vibratory experience, as well as an exploration of the prismatic nature of our voices. Some aspects of these practices are ancient, and others, a contemporary synthesis.
This form of Nada Yoga is similar and complementary to the yoga asana practice. We utilize poses and movements that allow you to explore the larynx, throat, tongue, and jaw.
In this workshop you will experience:
- sacred movement, yoga asana, sitting meditation and singing
- the practice of deep listening (to your body and sounds)
- how sound and movement can nourish and support each other
- the practice of minimal-effort vocal production
- an investigation into the prismatic spectrum of vocal tone
- an exploration of vocal anatomy
- an inquiry into raga singing and Indian classical musical structures
Open to all levels and interests.
$100 Early bird through Sept 8
$120 Full price Sept 9 and after