"If you seek to come into your own presence, you will find the exact right rhythm for your life." ~ John O'Donohue
We are currently accepting applications for our 2019 Immersion program! Please read on below for full details!
Upcoming Info Sessions for our 2019 programs
200-hour, 300-hour & Immersion Programs
- Monday, October 22, 7:15-8:30p
200-hour & Immersion Programs
- Sunday, September 16, 2:30-3:30p
- Sunday, November 18, 12:30-1:30p
- Thursday, December 13, 7:30-8:30p
RSVP requested: email@example.com
Stepping into the Stream
Seattle Yoga Arts' unique Immersion Program is the perfect opportunity to devote time to cultivating the inner wisdom that comes from dedicated practice and study. You will refine your understanding of the alignment principles that allow the yoga asanas to be a safe and full expression of your heart. You will consider Classical yoga philosophy and explore in depth the Tantric philosophy that is the foundation of our practice. You will learn more about the anatomy of your amazing body and savor longer and deeper periods of practice including asana, pranayama and meditation. Classes are a combination of practice, lecture and discussion. Join a group of fellow yoga nerds committed to self-discovery as we delve into the beauty and power of yoga.
Adjunct Faculty: Michael Jacobus on Anatomy, Meg Agnew on Meditation and Mindfulness, Amy (Reed) Aarabi on Philosophy.
Establish the Daily Habits of a Yogi
- Creating a steady home asana practice
- Practice pranayama
- Establish a daily meditation practice for inner stability
- Refine your poses: personal guidance on your practice
- Contemplation: source great teachings and your own insight for life wisdom
Foundations of the Yogic Path
- Two great texts of yoga: The Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The root text of Saiva Tantra: The Siva Sutras
- History of yoga, where the poses come from, the evolution of yoga in the West
Dwelling in the Body Vessel
- Fundamental anatomy with Michael Jacobus
- Softening as power
- Embodying the elements of earth, water, fire, air, spirit
- Contact your own creative fire
- What to practice when? Practices for different times, seasons, life transitions
Subtle Body Knowledge
- Introduction to the chakras as a model of energy flow
- Layers of being: the koshas
- Rivers of life: nadis and kundalini
- A model of creation: the tattvas
…and much more.
How to Apply
We are now accepting applications for our 2019 Immersion program!
Your application, and $200 non-refundable deposit, can be dropped off or mailed to Seattle Yoga Arts, 1540 15th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call the studio at (206)440-3191 to pay the application fee over the phone.
We will respond within 10 days of receiving your application, to let you know whether you have been accepted into the program. Please do not send any further payments until you hear from us.
NOTE: Upon acceptance, your application fee will be rolled into your full Immersion tuition. This means your first weekend fee will only be $103.75, or payment in full would be $1,622.50.
$303.75 per weekend or $1,822.50 for the entire Immersion. All students enrolled in the Immersion program will receive 20% discounted class packages* during their training. You can expect to spend about $100 on books. There are no further fees or workshop/retreat costs.
*Monthly Memberships and income-relevant packages are not discounted.
Pay in full: We will happily take payment in full via check or credit card.
Monthly, auto-pay: If you choose to pay monthly, we prefer that you authorize automatic payments to your credit card. We will provide you with a credit card authorization form, giving us permission to do so, when you are accepted into the training. Your credit card will then be automatically charged on the Friday of each weekend of the Immersion.
Monthly, by check: You may pay via check on the Friday of each weekend of the Immersion. As a way of honoring the exchange of energy that is represented by money for teaching, we expect students to take responsibility for this without having to be reminded.
Please do not proceed with full payment until we have responded to your application.
Dates & Times
The program consists of six 15-hour weekends, beginning in January 2019 and ending in June 2019. There are study group gatherings, as well as homework outside of class time. Plan on about four to eight hours of work outside class per month.
Weekend dates for 2019 are:
Hours of each weekend are:
(Each day includes breaks for walks and food!)
Fridays – 1:30 to 7:30 pm
Saturdays – 12:45 to 6:45 pm
Sundays – 1:00 to 4:00 pm