Students often come to yoga on the recommendation that it will help them with an injury, chronic pain, improve their breathing or posture, etc. And while we know that the yoga practice can be profoundly healing on many levels, there is little time in a 200-hour Teacher Training to address the nuances and scope of a therapeutic yoga practice. The goal of this weekend is to explore in depth how we as teachers can support our students’ individual therapeutic needs in the context of leading a yoga class or private lesson.
- What is therapeutic yoga?
- How to facilitate individual healing in classroom/private client settings.
- How to use props, adjustments and postural modifications to heal or prevent injury.
- How common yoga postures can actually create injuries without proper modification or alignment technique.
- How to practice yoga for the long term without creating injuries.
- Practicum including: role playing in thera-peutic dialogue, practice observing, adjusting and modifying based on specific injuries and pain in a classroom setting.
This workshop is open to anyone, and is part of our 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training. If you are taking the classes toward your advanced teaching certification, you can register online in advance.
Tuition: $155 for both days