Are you ready to spice up your personal practice and your creativity as a teacher of yoga? Just like everything else in life the body and brain need diversity to remain healthy, vital, and sharp. It’s time to expand your palette beyond the usual sun salutations and chaturanga transitions. In this weekend you will explore different techniques to break out of habitual sequencing patterns so you can confidently continue on your path of unique intelligence and wisdom as a teacher.
- Understand the essence of vinyasa flow and how creative sequencing mirrors the intelligent pulse and wisdom of life
- Learn how to lead inventive warmup movements based on the six movements of the spine
- Use the essence of the 5 elements as inspiration for creative motion
- Bring static asanas to life with intentional movements within a pose
- Explore innovative ways to flow between two or three postures in a dynamic and refreshing way
- Understand the how pacing and silence contribute to successful sequencing
- Recognize yourself as a wildly creative being
- Build a databank of creative transitions that link up differing posture sequences
- Experiment with circular sequences utilizing 360 degrees of movement possibility
- Review intelligent sequencing methodology including building simple to complex to support leading all-level classes
Friday February 12; 5:00-8:00pm
Saturday February 13; 1:30-6:30pm
Tuition: $140 for Friday and Saturday REGISTER HERE
These classes are part of our 300 Hour Teacher Training. They are open to all; if you are taking the classes as hours toward your certification, please register for the program online in advance. Application for the full training is available on our website. Please see the Advanced Learning page for details.
Trainees working toward their RYT-500 Designation who wish to participate in the February Practicum: please register for it separately. UPDATE: PRACTICUM CANCELLED!