WORKSHOP with Claudette Evans
This training module is designed for yoga teachers, recent YTT graduates and serious students who want to develop confidence in Sanskrit reading and chanting. We’ll focus on four specific areas of interest to yoga teachers: Sanskrit basics, including learning to recognize Sanskrit devanāgarī, as well as transliterated text; the aphorisms of the Yoga Sūtras; the verses of the Bhagavad Gītā; and the devotional mantras of the Upaniṣads.
The weekend will consist primarily of call-and-response chanting in order to develop a feel for the rhythms and cadences of Sanskrit chanting.
- Enhance their proficiency and poise in Sanskrit chanting
- Gain valuable insights into how Sanskrit presents the teachings of yoga
- Learn how to reference Sanskrit directly as a means to illuminate the teachings for your students.
- Explore the practice of Nāda Yoga, the yoga of sound and vibration
- Begin to cultivate a sonic practice to harmonize body, mind and heart
If you want to make Sanskrit chanting a regular feature of your classes and workshops, as well as a regular part of your own spiritual practice, this workshop is for you. No prior experience necessary. All are welcome.
Friday, November 10, 1:30-5:30 pm
Saturday, November 11, 1:30-6:30p
Sunday, November 12, 11:00-4:00 pm
$295 Early bird pricing through Nov 5
$325 Full price Nov 6 & after
This workshop is open to anyone, qualifies for Continuing Education Credits through Yoga Alliance, and is part of our 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training program. If you are taking this workshop toward your advanced teaching certification, please register for the 300-hour program online in advance.