This full weekend training is an exploratorium for learning upper body alignment, including safe joint mobilization and optimal muscular and skeletal relationships for healthy movement patterns. We’ll look beyond the idea that there are “universal principles” for alignment and adjustments in order to see our students individually and make suggestions based on the story that each student’s body is telling. Through sensitive and intelligent verbal cueing and hands on work, we will access tools that point our students toward the boundaries of form and the possibility of expansion.
- Define optimal blueprint
- Learn a functional view of upper body alignment
- Practice observation skills to ‘see the story’ of the students body
- Cultivate awareness and appreciation for the power and presence of touch
- Practice giving safe, empowering adjustments
- Learn tools to refine our instincts as teachers
Friday June 17; 5:00-8:00pm
Saturday June 18; 1:00-6:00pm
Tuition: $140 for Friday and Saturday
These classes are part of our 300 Hour Teacher Training. They are open to all; if you are taking the classes as hours toward your certification, please register for the program online in advance. Trainees working toward their RYT-500 Designation who wish to participate in the June Practicum: please register for it separately below.